Stout's Reviews

Monday, September 05, 2005

Wicker Park

So who'd have thought that my first review would be about a movie that isn't in my "genre" of expertise. There was no killing, no explosions, no unnecessary violence, no gratuitous nudity...basically, almost nothing I would put down for a requisite for a movie that I would like. I do like good movies, though. And this was a good movie.

To be honest - the first half of the movie didn't really hold my attention. I got kind of bored with how it was going and I thought that everyone was insane in this movie. I loaded up Partypoker.com and started playing some Texas Hold 'Em. In the middle of my winning streak in poker I realized that the movie was actually getting good.

It turns out I was right, almost. Almost everyone was insane. The way they did the movie with a bunch of flashbacks was interesting. Though it almost made me want to have a heart attack while watching it - it did make the movie a little more interesting.

After watching the movie it made me reflect and think "You know, I bet that happens a lot." There is a bit of realism in the movie, of course exaggerated, as I seriously doubt anything like this movie happens on a regular basis, but it is plausible.

It's definitely a chick flick...and sometimes I do like them (oh my god, am I gay? Nope.).

Maybe I'll figure out how I plan to rate movies in my reviews...but this was a "pretty good movie" - maybe....7 out of 10? Whatever I decide to rate it I am not pissed that I spent money to rent it. Probably would have been better to watch with a woman...but what isn't? (Except when the woman complains about unnecessary violence in a Jet Li or Steven Segal movie, of course)

1 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm....I try not to watch movies with Josh Harnett in them. He irritates me..:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home